Roger Wood is a Principal at SPP
Connect on email
Connect on LinkedIn
Roger Wood is a Principal at SPP with over 20 years’ experience as a senior strategy consultant and executive line manager at major financial services business. Roger has extensive experience in strategic projects and the delivery of transformational change across several industries including education and research, consumer and financial services.
- Education & Research
- Financial Services
- Customer Driven Growth
- Data & Digital
- Strategy & Decision Making
High Impact Work
- Identified, quantified and prioritised core business expansion opportunities for a major supermarket chain resulting in significant M&A activity and an accelerated revenue growth trajectory.
Digital Strategy and Transformation
- Advised a leading services business on end-to-end transformation of digital operations. Improved critical customer experiences, digitised core products and services, re-platformed systems and implemented a new operating model.
Payments Innovation and Commercialisation
- Led a major bank through disruption of the payments industry, including strategy refresh for domestic and international payments and commercialisation roadmap for real-time payments (NPP).
Market Entry Strategy
- A major bank identified self-managed superannuation as a strategic growth imperative. Worked with multiple stakeholders to develop customer and product strategy and a holistic take to market under a new brand.
- Developed a turnaround strategy for home lending for a leading financial services business leading to simplification and repositioning of core product offers, investment in new digital capabilities and back-office redesign.
- Supported digital-led re-invention of a physical retail distribution network. Used process re-engineering, continuous improvement, data analytics, deep-dives and automation to lift customer satisfaction and improve in-store and network performance.