Collaboration offers Australian firms a great way to overcome the constraints of the small domestic market, gain assistance in accessing export markets and work with other global leaders in technology and knowledge.
Being great at collaborating means not only initiating and leading collaborations, but also knowing how to be a savvy minor partner that extracts high value from participation at low cost.
SPP has extensive experience in advising collaborations between industry, research and government, and has developed an approach to getting collaborations started effectively. SPP’s approach to successful collaboration is to:
- Define the outcome
- Identify and assess the suitability of potential collaborators
- Identify what’s in it for each organisation
- Identify potential issues/roadblocks
- Define decision points
- Design governance and leadership structures
- Form the group and build momentum quickly