Jens is a Engagement Manager at SPP
Connect on email
Connect on LinkedIn
Previously having worked in the automotive and retail sectors in the Nordic region across management roles in sales, marketing, product management and external partnerships, Jens now helps clients solve strategic issues with a customer-centric, data-driven mindset. Jens holds an MBA from Monash Business School and a Bachelor of Science in Business and Economics from Jonkoping International Business School, Sweden.
- Education & Research
- Financial Services
- Customer Driven Growth
- Strategy & Decision Making
High Impact Work
Developing strategy and planning for growth:
- Precinct scoping study – Major Victorian University: Investigated R&D Capability, identified sector focus areas and developed go to market strategy including revising industry engagement function. Senior stakeholder consultations, steering committee presentations and extensive desktop research.
- Strategic plan – Community radio station: Developed a comprehensive five-year strategic plan and 12 month implementation plan for an iconic, Melbourne based, values driven for-purpose community radio station.
- Sector review – Victorian Governmental organisation: AgTech market sizing and strategic planning to advise Victorian Governmental organisation on how to grow start-up and scale-up activity in the State. Sized-market, built forecast model and advised Government stakeholders on how to support the nascent sector.
Improving Senior Executive decision making through refined financial management discipline:
- Develop and deliver Financial Health Strategy (COVID-19 response) – GO8 University: Worked closely with Executive group to design and deliver a comprehensive Financial Health Strategy for the Institution in response to the financial challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. Implemented new approach to managing expenditure, savings targets and reporting on progress.
- Refining costing approach – Major Victorian University: Investigated organisational readiness for moving to a fully allocated cost model. Assessed cost allocation tool methodology and led multiple consultations across the University.
Operations review and process improvement:
- Cost reduction – Major Australian branchless bank: Identified and analysed cost reduction initiatives ($30m+) across all business units. Extensive consultation with the Executive group and helped build a coalition of support for the cost reduction programme.
Administrative reform scoping study – Go8 University: Analysed workforce allocation and benchmarked against domestic and international exemplars. Identified multi-million dollar opportunity which was recommended to be pursued through a transformation program.