Tim is a Principal at SPP
Connect on email
Connect on LinkedIn
Tim is a Principal in SPP’s Sydney office, with over 18 years management consulting experience in strategy advice, business transformation and operations improvement.
- Asset Intensive Industries
- Education & Research
- Financial Services
- Customer Driven Growth
- Data & Digital
- Strategy & Decision Making
High Impact Work
State Government central agency – Strategy development
- Developed a policy guidance paper for implementation of new budgeting and reporting procedures for all Departments and related agencies. Subsequently developed a maturity assessment diagnostic for public sector agencies to self-assess their readiness for new procedures
State Government regulator – business case for a $100m+ IT transformation
- Developed a detailed business case and cost-benefit analysis of a proposed IT solution to transform a regulator for enhanced customer benefits. The analysis identified the broader economic benefit of faster approval processes for occupational licensing, leading to greater economic output across a range of industries.
Go8 University – strategic review of research operations in ASEAN region
- Conducted a review of the Research Support function (including both central and faculty activities) in order to develop a new operating model that would serve the strategic ambition and research targets of the University. The review identified existing barriers to research growth and the required operating model interventions from a research support perspective that would help overcome these barriers.
Global financial services organisation – market entry strategy
- Conducted a market entry strategy based on a potential disruptive blockchain technology. The project team conducted multiple market soundings with ASX Top 20 Company Secretaries, Investor Relations and with Australian based Global Custodians. Findings presented to a global steering committee (New York, London, Hong Kong and Sydney) regarding a recommended market entry approach.
State Government central agency – Policy development
- In collaboration with a State Government Treasury department, developed a policy guidance paper for implementation of outcome-based budgeting and reporting. The guidance paper helped Departments report back their spend against outcome based KPIs, aligned with a new strategy for whole of government reporting.