Konnie is a Senior Consultant at SPP
Connect on email
Connect on LinkedIn
Konnie has a proven record of success delivering customer-led growth strategies for large scale organisations across a number of industries: FMCG, Retail, Leisure, Financial Services and Higher Education.
Konnie brings a depth of experience in assessing markets, identifying growth opportunities (core, new, adjacent), commercial benefits/financial analysis, operational efficiencies, organisational structures, marketing effectiveness, competitive strategy, business case development & ongoing brand management
- Asset Intensive Industries
- Education & Research
- Customer Driven Growth
- Strategy & Decision Making
High Impact Work
- Pernod Ricard Winemaker: Worked with a global liquor company to develop a bespoke Product Lifecycle Management approach (products to drive, maintain, exit and develop) and enhancements to the New Product Development process
- ALM: Conducted a review of the organisations current ‘go-to-market’ strategy across on/off premise outlets, categories and product brands. Consulted extensively with a range of stakeholders across the business; National and State level staff, key suppliers, large and small retailers.
- Asahi: Partnered with National and State teams to facilitate the development of an optimal organizational structure and support requirements – focused on highest value categories, brands and channels. Work was conducted at all levels of the business; bottom up and top down to establish a fact-base and actionable program of change that would deliver against the aggressive growth targets
- Nufarm: Developed a global brand strategy for a global agricultural manufacturers and marketer. Konnie worked across 13 country markets with key stakeholders across the value chain (channel partners, farmers/growers, employees) and crop types (Cereals, Corn, Turf & Orn, Soybrand and TNVV) to develop a unifying corporate purpose/brand positioning to help the organization win market preference, and identification of an optimum master/product brand architecture
- LaunchVic | AgTech Review: Worked with LaunchVic to conduct a review of the Victorian AgTech sector, with a focus on highlighting the extent of activities and opportunities in the sector, estimating the value of the market and identifying what opportunities should be prioritised for the State of Victoria to continue to support the growth of the sector. The project required heavy involved with key ecosystem players across Government, Investors, Corporate Players, Knowledge/Research institutions and the AgTech community.
Sports & Leisure:
- Racing Victoria: Conducted a review and recommended a new Operating Model (Strategy, People, Processes and Systems) for Racing Victoria’s Integrity Services Department
- Racing Victoria: Supported the development of the ‘Fair Racing for All’ racing industry recommendations to improve the integrity of racing and promote a responsible culture of fair play, ethical behaviour and respect for all industry participants.
- Tabcorp: Worked with the board and senior management of Australia’s largest wagering company to develop a five-year Future Retail Strategy aimed at re-vitalising top line growth, generating increased traffic and increased customer spend. Work included; retail strategy, channel proposition development, Oncourse performance review and rostering solution by code
- La Trobe University: Part of the project team over 12 months that developed a market driven course development process that could de-risk new courses by bringing a student and industry lens to drive preference for the University within student cohorts and position graduates as the graduates of choice. The process: captured, assessed and prioritise new product options in order to document a 3-year pipeline for product development, and developed and embedded a market driven new product development process.
- Victoria University: Led the development of an in-depth whole of University market assessment (TAFE, UG, PG) across seven Schools to identify emerging growth issues and opportunities. The market assessments developed provided; demand of the jobs market (statistics, trends and skills in demand), total HE market overview, VET analysis, UG and PG assessment and competitive course mapping.
- Monash University: Developed a strategic business case to articulate the value and impact of the division to the University and wider community by developing an evidence base to support the narrative, articulate the direction and drivers of growth, identified implications, scoped out the additional investment requirement and articulated a business case for ongoing support over its 5 year roadmap.
- Melbourne University: Developed a strategy and implementation plan to grow a commercially sustainable Executive Education business in the short to medium term. Key analytical activities included a developing a market assessment of customer segments and EE provider mix; an assessment of customer needs largely informed by 23 semi-structured interviews; developed a framework to screen identified opportunity by University requirements and current constraints; an evaluation of go-to-market options in the short and medium term.