David is a Partner at SPP
Connect on email
Connect on LinkedIn
David Mackay is a Partner of SPP and he leads SPP’s Sports, Media & Entertainment and FMCG/Retail practices. David assists organisations to develop and execute business and technology strategy, and improve business performance through people, process and technology. David has worked extensively across government, education and the private sector to foster and grow cross-sector collaborations and achieve transformational change.
- Education & Research
- Not For Profit
- Customer Driven Growth
- Data & Digital
- Strategy & Decision Making
High Impact Work
- State Tourism Body: Prepare a strategy on “Where to Play” and “How to Win” with respect to growing the visitor economy across international,
interstate and intrastate visitations, driven by tourism, major events and business conferences
- Regional University: Facilitated the strategic planning for a regional university, including Senior Executive strategy days (50+ attendees) and council discussions
- Performing Arts Centre: Developed a new vision, strategy and operational plan for a regional performing arts centre to capitalise on a major ($100m+) investment in new infrastructure
- Regional Tourism Board: Developed a gap assessment and strategy for meeting the future needs skills and employment needs for the growth of the visitor economy
- National Sporting Authority: Prepared a university partnering strategy for a government sporting statutory authority to enhance outcomes across high performance development, sport participation, and national sporting organisation business sustainability
- Internet Media Providers: Assisted a Subscriber Video on Demand provider to identify new customer acquisition opportunities through partnerships with retailers
- National Sporting League: Developed a benchmarking process to evaluate off field (business) performance and sustainability and conducted multi year benchmarking exercise for one of Australia’s premier elite sporting leagues
- Major Sporting Body: Conducted a review of the Integrity Services Department of a major sporting body making recommendations on structure, operating model, roles and responsibilities, and stakeholder communications
- Commercial Radio Station: Facilitated a Board Strategy Workshop to develop a new vision and operating approach for the station
- Major Film Festival: Developed a retail merchandise strategy for a major metropolitan film festival to raise ancillary revenues and develop brand affinity
- Major Entertainment Provider: Reviewed the pricing strategy for Theme Park operations identifying opportunities to achieve revenue uplifts across total park spend
- University: Prepared an industry engagement strategy for a university seeking to establish a leadership position in the Sports sector
- Social Commerce Platform : Developed a pitch pack to potential media and experience partners for a new social commerce startup focused on creating a network marketplace for entertainment experiences successfully launched in 2015
- SVOD Wars: The studio empire strikes back
- M&A - the right path to growth?
- Shopper “bounce back”. How has the way we shop changed?
- How strong is your retail brand?
- Boosting youth engagement with esports and organised gaming
- esports – the game changer for Australian sports and entertainment
- Entering the esports arena